lwip-users

[lwip-users] porting ethernetif module to 'my' NIC

From: Peter Jolasson
Subject: [lwip-users] porting ethernetif module to 'my' NIC
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 11:28:41 +0200

Hi,

I'm about to port the ethernetif.c module for my NIC. Two questions...

1) In the ethernetif_init(..) function the "NIC-structure" is created
with a malloc and assigned to the netif->state variable.

Where is/should the memory be freed?

2) The only required?? member of this "NIC-structure" structure is a
pointer to a struct eth_addr.
This pointer is initialized to point to netif->hwaddr.

Is this pointer used for anything or can it be removed

--Peter