lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Compiler warning fix

From: Chris Hiszpanski
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Compiler warning fix
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 03:51:47 +0000

When compiling etharp.c with #define ARP_QUEUEING 0, the temporary pbuf *p in etharp_query is not used and generates a compiler warning. Here is a diff of the change I made to fix this:

It sounds as though you generally compile with few or no warnings.

I get large numbers of warnings (target is PPC with Diab compiler)
and although many of them are benign there are some nasties in
there.

I've just been bitten by one of them : a warning about 'narrowing
conversion' turned out to be true, and results in the truncation
of a buffer length argument when netconn_write is called from the
sockets api.

I will need to go through the compiler warnings and sort them out,
but has anyone else had to do this already ? Any machine with
32-bit native integers would seem to be a problem.

I am compiling with one or no warnings using gcc 3.4.3 and targeting the arm7tdmi. However, I am compiling for a single-thread bare-metal implementation, without sockets. Note also that the arm7tdmi only has partial 32-bit native integer support (division is in libgcc).

Cheers,
Chris