lwip-users

RE: [lwip-users] arp reply, no ping

From: Chris Hiszpanski
Subject: RE: [lwip-users] arp reply, no ping
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 12:24:24 -0400

I found and fixed the problem that I earlier reported.

After setting my ethernet interface as the default interface with netif_set_default(ethif), I apparently needed to bring it up with netif_set_up(ethif). This was not done in the contrib/ports/unix/minimal/main.c code. Is this code outdated?

Cheers,
Chris

Pinging LwIP, an ARP reply is sent from LwIP with the correct hardware address and ip address. However, ping replies are not sent by LwIP.

tcp_tmr() is called every 100ms.

Setting a breakpoint at ip_input, I verified that incoming packets are being copied from the CS8900A.

Setting a breakpoint in ipv4/ip.c at line 270 (inside ``if (netif == NULL) { ...'') to check if a matching network interface was found for the received packet, I find that the breakpoint is reached -- no network interface matches my incoming ping packets.

I have added the network interface with netif_add and set it as the default with netif_set_default.

Any ideas as to why LwIP is not replying to pings?