lwip-users

RE: [lwip-users] [lwip users] using threads in our application safely???

From: Bertrik Sikken
Subject: RE: [lwip-users] [lwip users] using threads in our application safely???
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 17:34:29 +0200

I'm no lwIP expert but here are my thoughts:
* Why are you starting main_thread as a separate thread?
As far as I can see, there is no need to do so and you can just make a blocking call to main_thread instead.
* It seems to me that you are trying to do a lot of complicated things all at once.
Try to keep things as simple as possible, so start with something simple that works,
then add some more functionality and check if it still works, etc.
* Aren't you missing a netif_set_up call somewhere?
I would expect this just after the netif_add call.

Kind regards,

Bertrik Sikken
System Designer
Technolution B.V.
Telephone:  +31(0)182 59 40 00
Fax:  +31(0)182 53 97 36
E-mail:  address@hidden
Visit us at:  www.technolution.nl
Mailing address:  P.O. Box 2013 - 2800 BD Gouda - The Netherlands
Address:  Zuidelijk Halfrond 1 - 2801 DD Gouda - The Netherlands
GPS:  N 52°.00'58,2" E 4°.41'05,2"

This e-mail is intended exclusively for the addressee(s), and may not be passed on to, or made available for use by any person other than the addressee(s). Technolution B.V. rules out any and every liability resulting from any electronic transmission.