lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Assertion - tcp_receieve: valid queue length

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Assertion - tcp_receieve: valid queue length
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2006 17:09:28 +0000

On Fri, 2006-01-06 at 20:41 +0530, Prateek Jain wrote:
> Hi Kieran,
>
>   Iam not sure which calls are you talking about. Do you mean I should
> lock tcp_write and tcp_process. Becase both will access the same
> structures.

Yes, if you're making calls into the tcp stack from more than one
thread, or from an interrupt handler or similar and the application (for
example), you need to protect the stack with locks.  The higher level
"sequential API" and "sockets API" do this for you, but the raw API that
you're using doesn't.  I think - if anyone knows otherwise (things might
have changed since I last looked!) please correct me.

Kieran