lwip-users

[lwip-users] Error checking in netbuf_ref()

From: Goldschmidt Simon
Subject: [lwip-users] Error checking in netbuf_ref()
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 18:15:23 +0100

Hi.

Debugging my application, I just realized that netbuf_ref() can't report an error if pbuf_alloc(... PBUF_REF) fails.
In other words, when I try to send some UDP-packet, but I'm out of memory in the memp-pbuf-pool, the data can't be sent but lwip_send() returns the same value as if the data would have been sent.

Is this the way it should be? Shouldn't there be some error-checking code + return value in netbuf_ref() ???

Thanks.

Simon.