lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Strange ARP behaviour

From: FreeRTOS Info
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Strange ARP behaviour
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 20:19:15 -0000

> If you are really going through a router, the ARP should be generated on
> the local network by the router.  That doesn't seem to be what is
> happening in your traces.  The ARP is originating at from two different
> ethernet addresses.  You should probably review all of your setups,
> i.e., network address, gateway address, and subnet mask, for the ARM7
> board, the router ports, and the computers that are originating the
> pings.  It would be easier to understand what is going on if you could
> present that information with your traces.

I will collect this info when I'm back in the office.  What I do know is
subnet mask is 255:255:0:0, and the gateway is 172.25.218.3.

It seemed to me that the router contains an ARP cache (as might be
expected), as even when I deleted the cache on the PC used to issue the ping
an ARP was not generated on the far side of the router, so the router must
have provided the necessary information locally.  I got around this by
simply changing the MAC and IP address of the ARM7 board but it does show
that the router is doing something at least.

Regards,
Richard.

http://www.FreeRTOS.org