lwip-users

[lwip-users] Letting BOOTP packet through

From: Per Zetterlund
Subject: [lwip-users] Letting BOOTP packet through
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 09:41:51 +0200

Hi all,

I'm implementing a BOOTP client using LWIP. The problem is that LWIP doesn't
let the BOOTP reply through  to the UDP layer, since the destination IP of the
packet doesn't match the netif IP (since it hasn't got one yet). In the DHCP
case the problem is solved by letting the packet go through if the port is
DHCP. Should I add code in ip.c to let BOOTP packets through as well, or is
there a better way?

Best regards,
 Per

--
Per Zetterlund Software Engineer 27M Technologies