lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Handling sudden disappearance of network i/f

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Handling sudden disappearance of network i/f
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 13:57:03 +0100

On Tue, 2006-09-26 at 14:06 +0200, Janusz U. wrote:
> I can't understand why serwer does not send any packet after socket closing
> by him. Is it normal?

No, it's not particularly normal.  One end of a connection closing the
connection should result in that end sending a FIN.  The only reason I
can think that this wouldn't happen is if the FIN is waiting behind some
other data that have to be sent in that direction.

> Finally lwIP
> is processing pcb of socket which is closed by peer.

That's fine and to be expected.  The pcb may still be used in the other
direction.

Kieran