lwip-users

RE: [lwip-users] Compiler warnings

From: Goldschmidt Simon
Subject: RE: [lwip-users] Compiler warnings
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 10:09:45 +0200

Christiaan,

I just submitted 2 patches, hope you can include them in CVS. For us,
these patches are quite high prio (below real bugs, of course) since we
are using GCC with -Werror switch turned on. Including these changes in
CVS makes it so much easier to upgrade to a newer version without making
all the changes again on a local version.

The diffs are created against CVS HEAD of 09.10.2006, I hope that's what
you meant with 'our tree'.
I compiled the sources with g++ before and I get a lot more warnings
there, mainly invalid casts. I don't know about other compilers, but at
least gcc does not seem to care about such casts (as long as they are
alignment-compatible). Do you know anything about that (regarding any C
or C++ standard?)

Thanks for caring about this whole issue. (And thanks for working on a
great stack!)

Simon