lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: problems serving larger data with netconn_write()

From: Andre Puschmann
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: problems serving larger data with netconn_write()
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 21:46:08 +0200

Hi,

Alan Lamphier wrote:
> Andre Puschmann <address@hidden> writes:
>> now it works quite fast, but only with the 750byte hack .. which means
>> i force lwip to send two 750byte packets in order to get an ACK .. not
>> the best solution, i reckon.
>>

> On the third packet and beyond, you should be able to take the packet size up
> your MSS setting - this worked for me.

i will try if this works, thank you.

after initializing the lwip stack and sending the first couple of bytes
everything goes quite fast. i am sending files of ~300kb.

i am downloading this file multiple times from the board with wget
(windows binary) and with every single transfer the download speed
constantly decreases (right tense?). from beginning 1,1mb/sec to
150kb/sec in something about ~30kb to ~100kbyte steps.
after a while it completely collapses. nothing is working.
netconn_accepts() blocks the whole time.

i also figured out that this has something to do with MEM_SIZE and
others. but i couldn't get this fixed.
for instance at a size of ~500kb the above mentioned behavior appears
after ~7 file transfers. with 1000kb MEM_SIZE i couldn't bring it to
collapse but its getting really sloooow. (like already mentioned at the
list).

> Regards,
> Alan

Regards