lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] IP frag/reassembly

From: Christiaan Simons
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] IP frag/reassembly
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 15:01:32 +0200

Hi Jonathan,

> Secondly the configurability of ip_frag.c isn't great. I think both
MAX_MTU
> and IP_REASS_BUFSIZE are important values which should be settable
options
> from lwipopts.h - ip_frag.c takes 7374 bytes of RAM in total, ouch.

ip_frag.c isn't great, espc I would like to see multiple datagram
reassembly,
maybe with a user configurable limit. I suspect some latent bugs as well:
http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?15659

>While
> we're there, there's also less important options such as IP_REASS_MAXAGE
> and IP_REASS_TMO.

Hmm, not sure they're not important. Depends on your error rates
and tx/rx delays which might need some tuning. Maybe these can be merged
into just 1 define.

> It's a simple enough patch for the latter. Do I just send patches here? I

> should have more patches to come in due course.

Please send it to the lwIP savannah patch manager.
http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?group=lwip

They may be lost in the noise on this list.

Tnx,
Christiaan Simons

Hardware Designer
Axon Digital Design