lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] netconn_delete and _recv not thread safe

From: Jonathan Larmour
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] netconn_delete and _recv not thread safe
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 13:40:57 +0000

Kieran Mansley wrote:
On Thu, 2006-12-14 at 20:59 +0000, Jonathan Larmour wrote:

It may be possible to solve this if it is ok to assign mboxes:
     SYS_ARCH_PROTECT(old_level);
     tmp_mbox = conn->recvmbox;
     conn->recvmbox = SYS_MBOX_NULL;
     SYS_ARCH_UNPROTECT(old_level);

Is assuming mboxes are assignable a valid approach? Any other thoughts?

That would be exactly what I'd try first.  Should be easy to experiment
with at least.

Oh it works for me because of how I define sys_mbox_t - for me it's only a handle. But if I was to contribute the patch, someone else's sys_mbox_t might be a direct typedef of a larger structure, in which case this would assign the whole structure. Not necessarily bad, but not straightforward. I'm wondering if there are any situations where assigning the whole structure could be the wrong thing to do.

So I'd like to get the _right_ fix - getting it to work for me is easy :).

Jifl