lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: curious large packets and transmit stuck

From: Andre Puschmann
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: curious large packets and transmit stuck
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 21:08:21 +0100

hi kieran,
here are my lwip opts.h and one trace using the netconn-api and another
one using the raw api ..
if you have a look at the first trace (netconn) you can see that the
packets slowly dropping out/in .. it seems that lwip "forgets" acks the
other end send. you can't see the large packets directly, i mean there
is one large and another small one, but before the stuck all packets
were 1000bytes long. so it seems that it has something to do with that.
if i use the raw api there are no "large" packets .. since as long as
lwip has something to send it sends packet with max size (1456byte). but
nevertheless, after a while the whole system shows the same behavior.

do you think it has something to do with my timer/semaphore/mbox
implementation?

many thanks

andre

1: http://www.puschmann.net/public/dropping_packets_rawapi.cap