lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] problem with netconn_accept

From: Clive Wilson
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] problem with netconn_accept
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 18:20:43 +0000

At 12:42 08/02/2007, you wrote:
On Thu, Feb 08, 2007 at 06:19:56AM -0500, shobhit saxena wrote:
> hello everyone,
>                    i am using arm e7t board with ecos cofig tool & my
> target is to establish LWIP-TCP/IP over PPP & have communication
> between a server and ARM kit(client).I am using the lwip_init()
> function to establish PPP connection.I am using the following code for
> establishing TCP/IP .
> my problem is that the program is running fine till the line
> "newconn=netconn_accept(conn);"
> but its not accepting connection.Is there something wrong with my code?

I haven't looked in detail but it sounds like the packets aren't
getting through to lwIP.  I'm afraid I don't know enough about the
board you're using to suggest how to debug it though.

Might be an obvious question, but have you started up the network interface over which you wish to pass data? You mentioned PPP, is it dial up or PPPoE for example? You might be thinking that LwIP does this for you - it doesn't. You need to establish the low level link you wish to use (e.g. if dial up PPP, then start the modem connection) before trying to send any data.

Hope this helps,

CTW