lwip-users

Re: RE : [lwip-users] small change in tcp/ip initialization

From: Dmitry Potapov
Subject: Re: RE : [lwip-users] small change in tcp/ip initialization
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 14:10:48 +0300

On 3/5/07, Frédéric BERNON <address@hidden> wrote:
Not sure it's a so good idea, because you couldn't initialize the "ARP timer"
in the tcpip_thread's context (to avoid multithread access problems in ARP Table - see
previous item in forum), except if this timer is also initialize in tcpip_thread() just
before ip_timer...

I agree arp_timer should be initialized in tcpip_thread() as you say,
but I do not see any reason to wait till that happens. Did I miss
something?

Anyway, whether parameters are removed tcpip_init() or not, I think
CHANGELOG should say about this change, because now ports can perform
tcpip_init() and do not wait for  the callback.

Dmitry