lwip-users

RE: [lwip-users] msvc6 port is sloooooow

From: Goldschmidt Simon
Subject: RE: [lwip-users] msvc6 port is sloooooow
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 08:28:24 +0100

Hi,

seems like my OS layer implementation was bad, also I ran into low memory in mem.c, so now I'm getting throughputs of about 6-7MByte/s (loopback, so my PC is sending and receiving at the same time). I'm using the 'standard' socket layer, so I think it's not too bad. But that's what I want to find out...
I have tested LWIP wth win pcap on window2000 and its giving me more than 40Mbps both Tx and Rx, but i have created my own socket layer and my own thread safe mechanism usning Raw API. With some minor tuning one can achieve very high thruputs with lwip for sure.