lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] transfer stucks when snd_wnd is less than TCP_MSS

From: Vlad
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] transfer stucks when snd_wnd is less than TCP_MSS
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 11:59:19 +0200

I forgot to say - lwip are in vmware. I.e. network structure are following:

lwip (in vmware) <--- 1gb virtual vmware network ----> virtual vmware hub
<-vmware network driver-> 192.168.0.2 (my real machine) <---- 1gb
ethernet ----> linux router <----128k adsl ----> internet <----> linux server

seems that vmware hub responses very fast with ack-s before packets really
have sent.
at "hang" moment vmware hub sent acks for near 1000000 bytes (within 1-2
seconds ) sent (sent window starts with big value - near 60000 and decreases
down to small value).
but at real eth interface (on 192.168.0.2 - real machine with vmware
installed) i see ack's only for 80-90kb. and send window size doesn't grow
more than 137 bytes.

BUT, windows tcp/ip stack works fine in same virtual machine. seems that
problem in lwip.