lwip-users

[lwip-users] LPR or IPP implementation?

From: Pettinato, Jim
Subject: [lwip-users] LPR or IPP implementation?
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 10:02:36 -0400

Hi all,

I'm looking at sending output to a network printer... Wondered if anyone
crossed this bridge and has implemented a minimal interface to an lpd or ipp
compliant spooler or network printer using the raw api. I've looked at LPRng,
et al. - and sometimes it's tough to see the forest for the trees. ;)

We already generate text reports line-by-line for printing to serial devices,
so a very simple lpr or ipp client that sets up a print job and submits the
document it is all I need to do...

Or.. rather than generating line-by-line reports... Maybe it would be easier to
use one or more html pages available on our device - and just tell an IPP
printer to print a page via URI?

Thanks in advance,

- Jim