lwip-users

[lwip-users] Assertion "pbuf_free: p->ref > 0" failed

From: Dinesh Chachan
Subject: [lwip-users] Assertion "pbuf_free: p->ref > 0" failed
Date: 23 Mar 2007 06:19:43 -0000

Hi.

I was trying to send a file from the server to the client using the lwip stack. Whenever I send a file of smaller size it gets transferred without any problems but whenever I try to transfer a file of 256MB or above I get an assertion failure message as "Assertion "pbuf_free: p->ref > 0" failed at line 577 in ../../../../../lwip/src/core/pbuf.c".

I am using lwip 1.2 with Linux 2.4.20. What might be the possible reason behind the error. I had made some changes in the lwipopts.h file by changing the TCP_WND size etc to transfer bulk data. Is it due to the changes I have made. But if i don't make the change data is transmitted very slowly. I require a speend of something around 30Mbps. Can I attain this speed using lwip?

I am attaching the modified lwipopts.h file for your reference.

2006-4-R-C-0289