lwip-users

[lwip-users] DHCP - getting address works but not responding

From: Spies, Dominik
Subject: [lwip-users] DHCP - getting address works but not responding
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 17:02:09 +0200

Hi!

I use a LPC2368 with FreeRTOS. I set up lwIP this way:

stats_init();
sys_init();
mem_init();
memp_init();
pbuf_init();
etharp_init();
ip_init();
udp_init();
tcp_init();
IP4_ADDR(&my_ipaddr_data,  0, 0, 0, 0);
IP4_ADDR(&my_netmask_data, 0, 0, 0, 0);
IP4_ADDR(&my_gw_data, 0, 0, 0, 0);
netif_eth0->flags &= NETIF_FLAG_DHCP;
netif_add(netif_eth0, &my_ipaddr_data, &my_netmask_data, &my_gw_data,
NULL, ethernetif_init, ip_input);
netif_set_default(netif_eth0);
dhcp_start(netif_eth0);

After that the task goes in a loop which calls the 2 dhcp functions all
500ms and all 60s (and some other stuff to, webserver and so on..)

So with some debug output and packet-sniffing i found out the retrieving
works, and dhcp_bind works and after dhcp_bind netif->ip_addr is set
correctly, but the device does not more answer on pings, nor it answers
on arp-requests.

When I set the address manually this all works. Where's my mistake?

Kind Ragards,

Dominik