lwip-users

[lwip-users] RAM-Usage

From: Spies, Dominik
Subject: [lwip-users] RAM-Usage
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 11:37:22 +0200

Hi!

I found out lwIP needs a bit too much RAM at my current developement, i
used a preconfigured sample project.
So I tried to find the big RAM consumer and found out ip_frag needs a
lot of space.
So I disabled fragmentation and reassemble in the lwipopts.h. But this
had no effect on RAM-consumption, ip_frag was built anyway. I had to
remove it manually from my Makefile. Wouldn't it be good if there were a
compilerswitch at the files to not build them if not needed?

In my Map file i found out mem, memp and pbuf also need much ram, is
there any way to tweak this?

Kind Regards

Dominik