lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Alignment in pbufs

From: Jonathan Larmour
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Alignment in pbufs
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 14:10:16 +0100

Matthias Weisser wrote:
Hi

I am making progress in bringing up lwIP on my board. Can I assume that
pbufs are always completely filled? So, for example if a I have a packet
length of lets, say 131 bytes the first pbuf in the chain contains 128
bytes and the second one contains 3 byte? That would make my life a bit
easier as the ethernet controller always awaits 32 bit at a time.

On transmission, this would not be guaranteed. lwIP pbufs usually reserve some space on the front of pbufs for headers, which may or may not get completely used.

On reception, whether this is true or not depends on the ethernet driver implementation and that's up to you!

Jifl