lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] ping does not work

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] ping does not work
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 15:50:03 +0100

On Mon, 2007-05-21 at 16:40 +0200, Matthias Weisser wrote:

> > The only thing I can see that looks a bit odd is that the ARP request is
> > shorter (42 bytes) than the minimum for an ethernet frame (60 bytes, I
> > think).  However, this didn't seem to bother the other end as it send a
> > reply to the request, so I doubt that is the problem.
>
> I think Simon Goldschmidt cleared this point. So I don't think that I have to
> debug the ping application of windows.

However, the problem still seems to be with the Windows end, as it's not
processing the ARP packet and then sending the ICMP ping.  The fault
might be with lwIP (it may not have created a valid ARP packet for some
reason) but unfortunately you'll have to look into why Windows doesn't
like it.

Kieran