lwip-users

RE: Antw: Re: [lwip-users] Stop DHCP client

From: Goldschmidt Simon
Subject: RE: Antw: Re: [lwip-users] Stop DHCP client
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 08:31:12 +0200

> 19.06.2007 um 03:57:
> > Yes, calling dhcp_stop should be enough.  I'm not sure how
> you would
> > stop the timer routines, unless you modify the code.  Stopping the
> > timers isn't really necessary, unless you are really trying
> to optimize CPU usage.
>
> >From dhcp.c:
>
>  * Then have your application call dhcp_coarse_tmr() and
>  * dhcp_fine_tmr() on the defined intervals.
>
> I meant stopping the calls to this functions. Or is this
> comment out of date?

It is, kind of. Depends on which version you're using...
Newer versions automatically start a timer and call those functions
on the necessary intervals.
(See tcpip.c:tcpip_thread() if your version already does this.)

However, it isn't really necessary to stop the timer since it doesn''t
run that often.

Simon