lwip-users

RE: [lwip-users] Usage example for DNS client (resolv.c)

From: Pettinato, Jim
Subject: RE: [lwip-users] Usage example for DNS client (resolv.c)
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 09:39:47 -0400

Well... I'm sure Adam won't mind us borrowing from uIP... ;-) and the
required citations are included.

As for me, I ported it with the intention of contributing it back here;
I actually have been waiting until we got through our final test (you'll
note there's a few TODO's still remaining in there that I wanted to
address). I guess some people were in a hurry for it though.

I think we're safe in assuming that this resolver code is GPL lesser...

That said, I'm not sure about the other apps (such as the SMTP snippet I
included here) we've developed here in-house - I need to verify that
it's okay to share those. I maybe will also be able to contribute SMTP,
POP3, and LPR clients but I can see there might be some resistance
internally from management considering our competitors could potentially
utilize it - either to catch up quickly or to sabotage our equipment...

I'll see what I can do about those...

- Jim