lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Re-establishing an interrupted connection does notackno

From: Frédéric BERNON
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Re-establishing an interrupted connection does notacknowledge SYNs
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 09:20:09 +0200

Hi,

Take a look to https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?20779, I think this is the same problem. Oleg has proposed a patch if I remember.

Hope it can help you...

----- Original Message ----- From: <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Saturday, September 15, 2007 8:33 AM

Hi,

I am trying to make an embedded networking device communicate to a server
through TCP/IP. The device connects to the server through a constant local
port. The platform is Blackfin and I am using the lwip libraries.

After the connection is established, the device is sometimes shutdown
uncleanly (i.e. pulling out the power cord), and so it does not always
send a FIN to close the connection.

When the device comes back up, however, the SYN packets it sends to
re-establish the connection are not acknowledged. I would imagine this is
because the other side has not closed the previous connection (which uses
the same port/ip address).

Does this mean that I need to always send an RST packet forcibly to the
other side each time I try to establish the connection?

-Ajit