lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] PBUF Leak Problems...

From: Jonathan Larmour
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] PBUF Leak Problems...
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 23:44:24 +0100

Thomas Catalino wrote:

Jonathan -

Thanks. One question, is each entry in the recvmbox just a single pbuf, or could it be a chain of pbufs? I assume each one could be a chain.

Indeed yes.

If so, under what conditions will the stack place a chain of pbufs in the mailbox? I guess that was two ...

It can happen at least if:
- the low level hardware driver passes in newly received data as a pbuf chain;
- IP fragments were reassembled;
- TCP data is received out of order.

Jifl