lwip-users

[lwip-users] How to close a listening pcb

From: Wilson, Clive
Subject: [lwip-users] How to close a listening pcb
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 08:14:04 -0500

Hello,

I have set a socket to listen for an incoming connection using listen() and accept(). Once the connection is made I send data back to the now connected client using send(). Straightforward so far. Once the data is sent, I want to close the connection. However, on inspecting tcp_close() I notice that for listening connections, the only action taken is for the pcb to be deleted. So how does the client receiving the data know there's no more to come? If it's a blocking connection then it'll just wait there for ever. Or should this be a higher layer responsibility? Perhaps I'm expecting too much from the sockets API...

Any guidance or comments would be greatfully received.

Many thanks in anticipation,

Clive Wilson