lwip-users

[lwip-users] Example for connection-oriented use

From: Matthias Wieloch
Subject: [lwip-users] Example for connection-oriented use
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 16:41:27 +0100

I’d like to use lwIP in a connection-oriented style but somehow I can’t figure out how to get it working.

At the moment my application is based on the lwIP example of FreeRTOS.org. This is how the connection is handled: listen -> accept -> process -> close -> listen.

I tried to prevent the close of the connection by commenting out the netconn_close() at the end of the package processing and netconn_delete() before it goes back to netconn_accept(). Unfortunately I somehow can only process the first received packet and following packages don’t seem to reach the application.

Although the close of the connection worked OK so far I need to speed up the communication because the tcp handshake takes up nearly half of the time for sending and receiving a message to/from the controller.

Regards

Matthias