lwip-users

RE: RE : [lwip-users] Cleaning up my code and I was wondering....

From: Julian Gardner [RSD]
Subject: RE: RE : [lwip-users] Cleaning up my code and I was wondering....
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 14:33:30 -0000

Found that one and I now have my code calling tcpip_callback(
netif_set_link_up, netif); and tcpip_callback( netif_set_link_down, netif);
depending on the link status from the chip.

Is this the correct way for getting the library UP, as i seem to have the
link_up working now?

        netif_add( &smcif_if, &ipaddr, &netmask, &gw, NULL, smcIfinit,
tcpip_input);
        netif_set_default( &smcif_if);

        if( e2Prom.ethernetSettings.dhcpActive )
        {
                dhcp_start( &smcif_if);
        }
        else
        {
                netif_set_up( &smcif_if);
        }

And now in my main tcp loop i wait for netif_is_up, and when this happens i can
start my apps?

Julian Gardner

RSD Communications Ltd
Unit 2