lwip-users

[lwip-users] TCP transfer speed with Xilinx lwip_v3_00_a (lwip-1.2.0)

From: Nathan Sam
Subject: [lwip-users] TCP transfer speed with Xilinx lwip_v3_00_a (lwip-1.2.0)
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 16:49:15 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

This is regarding the lwipopts file for a TCP server running on Virtex-4.

I am hitting a very  low 100 KB/sec speed.

(1) It is a very simple client-server program based on SOCKET based API.
(2) Virtex4-PPC is the (SERVER) running Xilinx lwip_v3_00_a (lwip-1.2.0). Linux machine acts as a (CLIENT).
(3) Lot of memory (DDR) in the Server is available to be used for Lwip.

I need to transfer about 256 MB of data. Can anyone suggest if there is anything terribly wrong with my lwipopts file. I can understand that Socket API has some performance limitation (compared to Raw API), but I guess it should be better than 100 KB/sec.

#ifndef __LWIPOPTS_H_
#define __LWIPOPTS_H_

#define SYS_LIGHTWEIGHT_PROT 1

#define MEM_ALIGNMENT 8
#define MEM_SIZE 700000
#define MEMP_NUM_PBUF 16
#define MEMP_NUM_UDP_PCB 5
#define MEMP_NUM_TCP_PCB 50
#define MEMP_NUM_TCP_PCB_LISTEN 5
#define MEMP_NUM_TCP_SEG 256
#define MEM_LIBC_MALLOC 1

#define MEMP_NUM_NETBUF     100
#define MEMP_NUM_NETCONN    100
#define MEMP_NUM_API_MSG    100
#define MEMP_NUM_TCPIP_MSG  100
#define MEMP_NUM_SYS_TIMEOUT 5
#define PBUF_POOL_SIZE 2048
#define PBUF_POOL_BUFSIZE 2048
#define PBUF_LINK_HLEN 16

#define ARP_TABLE_SIZE 10
#define ARP_QUEUEING 1

#define ICMP_TTL 255

#define IP_OPTIONS 0
#define IP_FORWARD 0
#define IP_REASSEMBLY 0
#define IP_FRAG 1
#define IP_REASS_BUFSIZE 5760
#define IP_FRAG_MAX_MTU 1500
#define IP_DEFAULT_TTL 255

#define LWIP_UDP 1
#define UDP_TTL 255

#define LWIP_TCP 1
#define TCP_SND_QUEUELEN   16 * TCP_SND_BUF/TCP_MSS
#define TCP_MSS 1460
#define TCP_SND_BUF 32768
#define TCP_WND 2*16384
#define TCP_TTL 255