lwip-users

RE : [lwip-users] netconn_connct returning always ERR_OK

From: Frédéric BERNON
Subject: RE : [lwip-users] netconn_connct returning always ERR_OK
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 13:54:42 +0100

Which lwIP release do you use ?

====================================
Frédéric BERNON
HYMATOM SA
Chef de projet informatique
Microsoft Certified Professional
Tél. : +33 (0)4-67-87-61-10
Fax. : +33 (0)4-67-70-85-44
Email : address@hidden
Web Site : http://www.hymatom.fr
====================================

-----Message d'origine-----
De : address@hidden [mailto:address@hidden De la part de Marko Panger
Envoyé : mardi 15 janvier 2008 13:12
À : Mailing list for lwIP users

Hi all,

I'm writing a client app. which connects to a remote server. I'm running
lwip under an rtos with

#define NO_SYS 0

I'm using the netconn sequential api and there is something about the
netconn_connect() call which is confusing me.
If I try to connect to a non-existing server (nobody is listening on
that ip on that port) the call still returns with ERR_OK.

Shouldn't be some other error code ?

In general how do I know that the other side has received the data send
by the client with netconn_write() ?

Please find attached the code snipped below for reference.

Thanks in advance for your help and comments,
marko

    IP4_ADDR(&local_ip, 192, 168, 3, 2);
    IP4_ADDR(&net_mask, 255, 255, 255, 0);
    IP4_ADDR(&gateway, 192, 168, 3, 1);
    IP4_ADDR(&server_ip, 192, 168, 3, 1);

    netif_add(&slip_if, &local_ip, &net_mask, &gateway, NULL,
slipif_init, tcpip_input);
    netif_set_default(&slip_if);
    netif_set_up(&slip_if);

    /* Connect to server */
    conn = netconn_new_with_proto_and_callback(NETCONN_TCP, 6,
server_conn_clb);

    while(netconn_connect(conn, &server_ip, RVA_PORT) != ERR_OK)
        TSK_Sleep(100);

    while(1) {
        while(!(buf = netconn_recv(conn)))
            TSK_Sleep(10);