lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] lwip 1.3.0 "ping of death"

From: Juri Haberland
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] lwip 1.3.0 "ping of death"
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2008 19:43:32 +0200

Bill Auerbach wrote:
> Maybe ICMP doesn’t support fragmentation and you need to use ping –f to tell
> it not to fragment?

Nope.

I had the same issue when using lwip 1.2.0 and found a bug report at the
project web site:
http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=15659

It contains a link to a patch that mostly fixed it for me:
http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?5796

To get it completely working, I had to add a small delay loop into
pbuf_chain() - I didn't have the time to search for the real solution at
that time...

Cheers,
Juri