lwip-users

[lwip-users] What are LwIP TCP max transfer rates and how can I optimize

From: Blue
Subject: [lwip-users] What are LwIP TCP max transfer rates and how can I optimize them?
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 09:00:22 +0200

Hello to everybody,

For my final exam I have to realise a connection between a PC and a camera via TCP/IP. On the camera the LwIP Stack (Version 1.1.1) is embedded. It is the first time, that I work with LwIP.

At the moment I have realized the connection with the low-level “callback”
API, the higher-level “sequential” API can not be used on the camera. I’m able to transmit pictures from the camera to the PC, but it is not fast enough. I can transmit four frames in a second (compiles about 53 MBit/s). The camera and the PC have a 1000 Mbit/s Ethernet Port, so that this is fast enough. When I send only text data as fast as possible the maximal transfer rate is 86 Mbit/s and I need around 160 Mbit/s to get a usable result.
Has anybody experiences with transfer rates and knows which transfer rates
are possible with the LwIP TCP Stack and which parameter is relevant to get the transmission faster?
Thanks for you help

Gregor