lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] installing lwip-1.3.0.zip

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] installing lwip-1.3.0.zip
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 15:31:33 +0100

On Wed, 2008-05-21 at 08:24 -0600, Rich Painter wrote:
> I'm new to lwIP and I am not a cvs user so I downloaded the zip file instead.
> have read in the readme and .../lwip/doc/sys_arch.txt about editing files
> (like
> sys_arch.h), and an include lwipopts.h reference used in opts.h, etc.
>
> However, lwip-1.3.0.zip has no files like these. After searching on the web
> site
> and stumbling around in other lwip files it appears that a directory called
> "arch" has some of these in it. But this directory is missing from
> lwip-1.3.0.zip
>

> Why are these missing?  Where can I get a tar file that is complete?

lwIP, as it is distributed, isn't usable out of the box.  You have to
port it to your operating system and hardware.  The files you reference
are the ones you may need to write as part of this porting process.

A number of ports have been done already, and there are a couple of
example ones (e.g. unix and windows) in the lwIP "contrib" module.  This
is available by CVS, or as you prefer, a zip download from savannah.

Hope that helps,

Kieran