lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Misalignment problems on PowerPC (little endian mode)

From: Alain M.
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Misalignment problems on PowerPC (little endian mode)
Date: Sat, 24 May 2008 15:56:59 -0300

It could go into a special doc, or a lwip wiki...

Alain

address@hidden escreveu:
Muhamad Ikhwan Ismail wrote:
If I could use it on PowerPC on big endian mode,
I wouldnt have the problem at all since it can fix the alignment problem.
This is interesting! Why does the endian mode change the behaviour here? I wouldn't have thought so?
But still im just offering the solution to people who might be interested and has the same problem with me. If not as permanent, as a temporary solution since it can be turned off during
compilation using the define macro.
Of course. For people also using broken compilers this might be suitable, but please understand that we cannot include this into the lwIP source code.

Simon