lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] PPP, GPRS connection problem: Solved

From: Paulo Silva(OpenSoftware)
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] PPP, GPRS connection problem: Solved
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 14:48:04 -0200

Alain M. escreveu:
Hi Peter Fodor,

we made your PPP example work :) :) :)

It is just one config line that is missing. Paulo Silva will send it soon, he is the one that did all the testing...

Kieran: would you consider including this example in contrib? if we can get Peter's permission, of course. The point is that this example is much more understandable and has fewer bugs ;)

Alain

PS: I copied the subject, so this message is not in the original thread (15apr2009) http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lwip-users/2008-04/msg00046.html

Hi all,

The changes are:

In file ../lwip/src/include/lwip/opt.h do changes:

PPP_SUPPORT as follow:
/**
* PPP_SUPPORT==1: Enable PPP.
*/
#ifndef PPP_SUPPORT
#define PPP_SUPPORT                     1
#endif

PAP_SUPPORT as follow:
/**
* PAP_SUPPORT==1: Support PAP.
*/
#ifndef PAP_SUPPORT
#define PAP_SUPPORT                     1
#endif

In file ../ppp_test/unix/proj/ppp_test/lwipopts.h do changes:

PPP_SUPPORT as follow:
#define PPP_SUPPORT      1      /* Set > 0 for PPP */

PAP and CHAP  suport as follow:
/* Select modules to enable.  Ideally these would be set in the makefile but
* we're limited by the command line length so you need to modify the settings
* in this file.
*/
#define PAP_SUPPORT      1      /* Set > 0 for PAP. */
#define CHAP_SUPPORT     1      /* Set > 0 for CHAP. */

The complete code for ppp_test from Peter Fodor may be get here:

http://www.freeweb.hu/fodpeter/lwip/ppp_test.tar.gz

Best regards

/psilva