lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] how to handle ARP request that's not for me

From: dogeye
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] how to handle ARP request that's not for me
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2009 14:49:43 -0800

Thank you, Kiran, for the explanation.  Yes, i got the idea, so it's
basically a implementation choice, like windows xp doesn't update ARP
table if the request is not for it. In this way, we can avoid the
trouble that the ARP table will filled up quickly in a large network,
and we need search entire table every time. There are cons and pros
for both ways. Am I right?