lwip-users

[lwip-users] FreeRtos/LWIP function oddly if new task created before vlw

From: Toan Pham
Subject: [lwip-users] FreeRtos/LWIP function oddly if new task created before vlwipinit();
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 13:44:57 -0400

Hi all,

I am new the lwip and freertos,
I've been having a problem with my code because I had a uart tasks
that splits out a char every 5 seconds started before
setting up the lwip stack (vlwIPInit()) and web demo task
(vBasicWebServer).  Everything would appear to work fine, but
as soon as someone hit the webservice, everything on the micro appear
to be frozen.  I wasn't able to ping or see
characters streaming on the serial port.

However, if i moved the usart task to be created after the ip stack
and webservice task, everything worked as expected.
I am curious on what had happened.  Can someone explain this
phenomenon.  thank you.

Toan