lwip-users

[lwip-users] Version 1.3.1-RC3 request/suggestion

From: Chris Strahm
Subject: [lwip-users] Version 1.3.1-RC3 request/suggestion
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 12:04:37 -0700

I put in the RC3, no problems from RC2.

However I have one request.  I usually run:

#define LWIP_DBG_MIN_LEVEL LWIP_DBG_LEVEL_WARNING

so only things above warnings get dumped to the console.

But I always get a ton of:

CON>memp_malloc: out of memory in pool TCP_PCB
CON>memp_malloc: out of memory in pool TCP_PCB
CON>memp_malloc: out of memory in pool TCP_PCB
CON>memp_malloc: out of memory in pool TCP_PCB
CON>memp_malloc: out of memory in pool TCP_PCB
CON>memp_malloc: out of memory in pool TCP_PCB
CON>memp_malloc: out of memory in pool TCP_PCB
CON>memp_malloc: out of memory in pool TCP_PCB
CON>memp_malloc: out of memory in pool TCP_PCB

which as I understand it are not really errors.
This is just the pool being recycled.
It is not really a memory fault.
So I don't think this should be at the serious level.

I would sure like to see this changed to a warning
so it does not get endlessly dumped to the console.

Thanks,  Chris.