lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Freeing all pbufs on tcp_abort()

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Freeing all pbufs on tcp_abort()
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2009 13:28:57 +0100

On Tue, 2009-09-01 at 08:52 -0700, JM wrote:
> I don't recall the exact error, but I have seen the error indicating
> it's out of tcp_pcbs and it's not that one.  I do know however that it
> is complaining about being out of pbufs, and it appears occasionally
> and randomly while it's receiving data.  The stats also show I exceed
> pbufs in this circumstance.

tcp_abort() should, I think, release all the pbufs in use by that
connection.  I guess if you're in the middle of receiving a stream of
data you might continue to get packets (which will consume pbufs for a
short while until they are dropped) until the other end spots your reset
and stops sending to you.

Kieran