lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Lock in tcp_in

From: Lou Cypher
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Lock in tcp_in
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2009 11:22:23 +0200

-------- Original Message  --------
From: Kieran Mansley <address@hidden>
Date: 07/09/2009 9.55

> Such bugs with corrupt PCB lists have always in the past been two
> threads (e.g. interrupt, timer, or application) active in lwIP at the
> same time.  This fits very well with your description.

I know it has all the characteristics of data corruption by interrupt handling
and/or task switching, and I'll look further in that direction.
Even though I should have no reason for unexpected reentrancy/data access, with
cooperative multitasking.
All the system's interrupts are unrelated to lwIP, besides the MAC controller of
course: but it puts data in a queue unknown to lwIP, and it's later extracted
(atomically) by a task dedicated to lwIP processing.

~ Lou