lwip-users

RE: [lwip-users] AutoIP/link-local status?

From: Alex Broadhead
Subject: RE: [lwip-users] AutoIP/link-local status?
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 13:44:45 -0700

Howdy Luca & Kieran,

> The IP address of the PC must be on the same network, i.e. a
> valid AUTOIP address. Modern operating systems configured for
> "automatic" IP address assignment use AUTOIP when DHCP fails,
> but you should check that.

Thanks, this was the problem.  My PC was holding onto its DHCP assinged
address; our sysadmin showed me how to get it to release and (fail to)
renew, after which it got an autoip address.  And then everything
worked.  (Though it still takes all sides forever to get autoip
addresses, but that's apparently by design.)

Again thanks,
Alex