lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] transmit data using udp in raw mode

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] transmit data using udp in raw mode
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 15:55:06 +0100

On Fri, 2009-09-18 at 07:36 -0700, bobbyb wrote:
> To familiarize myself with lwip, i've been trying to use it to send one
> single udp packet in raw mode from xilinx virtex5 board to the connected pc.
> My code is based off the sample tftp code but i can't seem to get it to
> work. The transmit light never blinks and wireshark never receives any
> packets from the board. I've attached my code and the debug output. does
> anything look wrong with this? please help!

You packet causes the stack to try to use ARP to find the MAC address of
the other end of the connection.  Your packet is then queued waiting for
an ARP response from the other end.  If you don't see any ARP packets on
the network as a result, then there is probably something wrong with
your driver.  The ARP packet should have been sent using the
netif->linkoutput() function, so this is where I would start looking.

Kieran