lwip-users

[lwip-users] Soliciting opinions for new FreeRTOS/lwIP demo

From: FreeRTOS Info
Subject: [lwip-users] Soliciting opinions for new FreeRTOS/lwIP demo
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 15:57:14 +0000

Hi List,

The FreeRTOS download contains a few lwIP demos that are now rather old
and need updating.  I'm planning a new demo that uses V1.3.2 but am not
sure of the best route to take.

As FreeRTOS provides the required multi tasking, would an example that
uses the socket API be most appropriate.  Or, as FreeRTOS is designed
for small microcontrollers, would a demo that uses the raw API be most
appropriate?  Most code I see on the WEB does not use sockets.

I would also like the kernel integration to be 'done right' as I have
not yet studied the differences in the V1.3.x releases - so if anybody
has example code they could send (even if it was for a different RTOS),
or are willing to review the demo once its done, then that would be
appreciated.  Also, if anybody has a TFTP example that would be great
too - having an HTTP and TFTP server running in the same demo would be a
good example.

Thanks for any opinions you would care to share.  If anybody is willing
to share some example code (I have the code from the contrib download
already) then the email to use is "r [dot] barry [_at_] freertos.org".

Regards,
Richard.

+ http://www.FreeRTOS.org
Designed for Microcontrollers.  More than 7000 downloads per month.

+ http://www.SafeRTOS.com
Certified by TÜV as meeting the requirements for safety related systems.