lwip-users

[lwip-users] pbuf chain and packet queue

From: Bernhard 'Gustl' Bauer
Subject: [lwip-users] pbuf chain and packet queue
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 14:26:38 +0100

Hi,

my pbufs are large enough to contain a complete packet, so pbuf chains should not occur. While hunting an error I discovered a pbuf with these settings:
pbuf->next    !=NULL
pbuf->len     = 568
pbuf->tot_len = 4948

My TCP_MSS is 1460. So 4948 = 3 * TCP_MSS + 568

Is this a pbuf chain, or a packet queue?

The description in pbuf.c indicates the first. But in the pcap file that is attached I have identified them as no. 196, 75, 77, and 79. So it must be a packet queue, mustn't ist? But then the description in pbuf.c is wrong.

Could someone please enlighten me.

Gustl