lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] ping

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] ping
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 13:13:57 +0100

Stefano Marini wrote:
> I have the following problem with lwip 1.3.2
>
> the etharp_output function report ERR_BUF, when try to answer to an icmp
> echo.
>
> what I can see to understand the problem?

Does that happen when icmp.c response the ping or when do it yourself? If
icmp.c did it, either make sure your netif driver passes the complete packet to
its ->input function (including the ARP/ethernet header!).

The error means the etharp_output found that the pbuf is not big enough so that
it can be extended to the front to add the ethernet header. So at the point
where the pbuf is allocated, the wrong pbuf_layer is used.

Simon