lwip-users

RE: [lwip-users] byte alignment

From: Bill Auerbach
Subject: RE: [lwip-users] byte alignment
Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 09:19:13 -0400

>For the system I'm using, when an Ethernet frame is transmitted, it has
>to be copied into a 32-bit aligned contiguous buffer within the mac.

It might help some of us to help you if you can tell us about the system
you're using.  Unless this is a custom processor, someone here has probably
used what you're using and can tell you what is best to do.  If your MAC has
some facility to read in a packet with a +2 offset (it's still 32-bit
aligned - they just prefix 0's to the frame) then you can receive a frame on
a 32-bit boundary and the actual packet is at offset +2, which makes all of
the headers 32-bit aligned when ETH_PADSIZE is 2.

Bill