lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] SNTP

From: Bernhard 'Gustl' Bauer
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] SNTP
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 13:07:34 +0200

Simon Goldschmidt schrieb:
"Bernhard \'Gustl\' Bauer" wrote:
I found SNTP in contrib 1.3.0 - unfortunately it is for socket LWIP
 only. I'm using raw LWIP.

What would I need to do to change SNTP to raw LWIP?

Update your contrib to CVS HEAD, there you can configure SNTP to use
sockets or RAW API.

I have done so. It compiles without errors. But no packets are comming out.

LWIP_DEBUG says:
etharp_query: Ethernet destination address unknown, queuing disabled, packet %p dropped

So I enabled ARP_QUEUEING. And now etharp_timer expires.

So far my LWIP did only react on incomming packets. SNTP is the 1st time it initiates a connection. Maybe LWIP must be configured different for this.

This is my lwipopts.h:
-------------------------
#define MEM_ALIGNMENT   4
/* Heap size    */
#define MEM_SIZE        8192

#define ETH_PAD_SIZE    2

#define ARP_QUEUEING    1

#define LWIP_DHCP       1
#define NO_SYS          1
#define LWIP_NETCONN      0
#define LWIP_SOCKET       0

#define LWIP_NOASSERT

#ifdef _DEBUG
#define LWIP_DEBUG                      1
#define UDP_DEBUG                       (LWIP_DBG_ON)
#define IP_DEBUG                        (LWIP_DBG_ON)
#define ETHARP_DEBUG                    (LWIP_DBG_ON)
#define SNTP_DEBUG                      (LWIP_DBG_ON)
#endif

#define MEMCPY(dst,src,len)             pmemcpy(dst,src,len)
#define SMEMCPY(dst,src,len)            pmemcpy(dst,src,len)

#define MEMP_NUM_PBUF                   64
#define MEMP_NUM_TCP_PCB                200
#define MEMP_NUM_TCP_PCB_LISTEN         1
#define MEMP_NUM_TCP_SEG                128
#define MEMP_NUM_REASSDATA              10
#define PBUF_POOL_SIZE                  64
#define TCP_MSS                         1460
#define TCP_WND                         (4*TCP_MSS)
#define TCP_SND_BUF                     (16*TCP_MSS)
#define TCP_SND_QUEUELEN                (4 * (TCP_SND_BUF/TCP_MSS))

#define SNTP_SET_SYSTEM_TIME(sec) (set_rtc_time(sec))

TIA

Gustl